Camper Registration is now OPEN for Camp Escapades 2013
Click here for the Camper application.
Below you will find general information on Camp Escapades 2013 and answers to commonly asked questions.
Tell me more about camp
- Campers must be 5 years of age (by August 1,2013) to 13 years of age.
- Parents may register their camper to attend for one or two weeks of camp.
- There is a steady rotation of fun and creative activities including arts and crafts, sports, dance, games, water play, special events, social interaction, and music.
- Children are assigned to a camp group with names such as Golden Guppies or Red Robins, with children close to their age.
- Each group is led by a trained therapist or professional, as well as counselors. Camp Escapades also includes many youth volunteers.
What weeks will camp be offered this year?
Camp Escapades 2013
Week One: August 5-9, 2013 from 9:30am-3:30pm
Week Two: August 12-16, 2013 from 9:30am-3:30pm
Can I register for camp online?
On-line registration will begin on April 1, 2013. Please check the website periodically for additional information.
Is there a parent orientation?
Yes, a parent orientation meeting will be held at Pediatric Therapy Network's clinic a few weeks before camp for all parents of confirmed campers. It is strongly recommended that you attend this meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to provide general camp information, pick up your camper(s) t-shirts, complete any outstanding paper work and answer your questions. This meeting will prepare you and your child for a fun-filled and safe summer camp experience.
Is my child eligible to attend camp?
In order to make camp a fun and safe experience for all children, your child must be able to do the following without showing agressive or unsafe behaviors. Please note that camp coordination team reserves the right to request that a family member or 1:1 assistant remain with the child if he or she is unable to meet the criteria listed below:
- Participate in group activities
- Remain in a group without running away
- Attend to activities for at least 10 to 15 minutes
- Transition from one activity to the next with minimal assistance
- Display no aggressive behaviors (such as hitting, biting, scratching, etc.)
Please note that children with mobility challenges are welcome at camp. A 1:1 assistant or family member must accompany any camper who is in need of assistance for feeding, medication, bathroom use or mobility.
Will my child be receiving therapy at Camp Escapades?
Although most camp groups and activities are led by a pediatric therapist, the focus of camp is not treatment. Camp Escapades' objective is for children of all abilities to enjoy a camp experience as opposed to meeting treatment goals. Therapy treatment and daily notes will not be provided. Group leaders will be present at all times to facilitate a child's participation, modifying or adapting the situation/activity as needed.
What are the fees for camp?
Children may register for camp for one or two weeks of camp. Cost per camper is $450 per week but if you register prior to June 3, 2013 our "early bird" deal of $350 per week will apply.
A $75 cancellation fee will be applied to any cancellation made prior to June 15. After June 15th, no refunds will be offered.
Where is camp located?
Camp Escapades is located at Rolling Hills Country Day School at 26444 Crenshaw Boulevard in Rolling Hills Estates.
Map to Rolling Hills Country Day School
If I have any additional questions, how do I contact you?
The Camp Escapades Team can be reached by email at email@example.com or
by phone at 310-328-0276 x349.
About Us |
Education & Research |
Parent Resources |
Ways to Give |
Special Events |
Contact Us |