Click here to register for Camp Escapades 2018.
Click here to view the Camp Escapades Flyer.
Click here to view the Important Information for Parents.
Below you will find general information on Camp Escapades and answers to commonly asked questions. Please refer to our website periodically for updates.
Tell me more about camp
- Campers must be 5 years of age (by August 6,2018) to 14 years of age.
- Parents may register their camper to attend for one or two weeks of camp.
- Camp Activities take place in a safe encouraging environment and are geared and adapted so that every camper can have fun regardless of their age or ability. Activities include: Arts & Crafts, Cooking, Dance, Sports, Music, Games, Yoga, Sensory Experiences and Special Events
- Children are assigned to a camp group with names such as Lime Green Lizards or Red Robins, with children close to their age.
- Our highly trained multidisciplinary camp team includes three PTN occupational therapists with numerous years of camp experience who oversee programming and staff. Occupational, physical or speech therapists consult with every group while all groups are staffed with paraprofessional educators and one-on-one teen volunteers who are the child's "buddy" throughout the week.
What weeks will camp be offered this year?
What are the hours of Camp for the campers?
Week One: August 6-10, 2018
Week Two: August 13-17, 2018
Camp hours are from 9:30am - 3:30pm daily.
Can I register for camp online?
On-line registration will begin on April 1st. Please check the website periodically for additional information.
Is there a parent orientation?
Yes, a parent orientation meeting will be scheduled at Pediatric Therapy Network's clinic for all parents of confirmed campers. It is strongly recommended that you attend this meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to provide general camp information, pick up your camper(s) t-shirts, complete any outstanding paper work and answer your questions. This meeting will prepare you and your child for a fun-filled and safe summer camp experience. The Parent Orientation will be held on August 1st prior to camp at Pediatric Therapy Network.
Is my child eligible to attend camp?
In order to make camp a fun and safe experience for all children, your child must be able to do the following without showing aggressive or unsafe behaviors. Please note that camp coordination team reserves the right to request that a family member or 1:1 assistant remain with the child if he or she is unable to meet the criteria listed below:
- Participate in group activities
- Remain in a group without running away
- Attend to activities for at least 10 to 15 minutes
- Transition from one activity to the next with minimal assistance
- Display no aggressive behaviors (such as hitting, biting, scratching, etc.)
Please note that children with mobility challenges are welcome at camp. A 1:1 assistant or family member must accompany any camper who is in need of assistance for feeding, medication, bathroom use or mobility.
Will my child be receiving therapy at Camp Escapades?
Camp Escapades' objective is for children of all abilities to enjoy a camp experience as opposed to meeting treatment goals. Therapy treatment and daily notes will not be provided. Group leaders will be present at all times to facilitate a child's participation, modifying or adapting the situation/activity as needed.
What are the fees for camp?
Children may register for camp for one or two weeks of camp. Cost per camper is $550 per week but if you register prior to June 1, 2018 our "early bird" deal of $400 per week will apply.
A $75 cancellation fee will be applied to any cancellation made prior to July 1st. After July 1st, no refunds will be offered.
Where is camp located?
Camp Escapades is located at Rolling Hills Country Day School at 26444 Crenshaw Boulevard in Rolling Hills Estates.
Map to Rolling Hills Country Day School
If I have any additional questions, how do I contact you?
The Camp Escapades Team can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 310-328-0276 x364.
About Us |
Education & Research |
Parent Resources |
Ways to Give |
Special Events |
Contact Us |